Fall Bucket List

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

This is undoubtedly my favourite time of year. I love traditions and celebrating each season as much as I can. This year, especially, I'm sooo excited for fall. We're in our new farmhouse inspired home (which we bought last year) living in the suburbs and in the cutest historic downtown. We're surrounded by so much beautiful farm land and I'm 100% in my element, and so very happy to be here!! On that note, here's what I'm thinking for this autumn...

Pottery Barn Dining Room Overhaul

1. Decorate our porch with pumpkins - still one of my favourite things to do. It never gets old! This is my first time having a front yard as an adult, and I'm so excited to put pumpkins out again this year.

2. Re-watch Gilmore Girls - I re-watch it like clock work each year and I swear it just keeps getting better. Haha! I'm also currently watching Sweet Magnolias on Netflix and I love it.

3. Try a pumpkin beer at our local brewery - hard to believe I've never had one. Recently, we discovered Barnside Brewing and I'm hoping they'll have a seasonal feature. We went there for our wedding anniversary this past August, and I'd love to go back this fall. It's on a farm and the vibes are so on point.

4. Hand out candy to trick or treaters - I'm buying snacks for Martin & I, grabbing ciders or pumpkin beer, and getting dressed up to hand out candy. We had so much fun last year + it's such a great way to meet and chat with all our neighbours.

5. Host an autumnal dinner - we recently did a dining room overhaul with Pottery Barn and I can't wait to set the table and host a cozy dinner for friends.

6. Go apple picking - Martin & I went for the first time this year and had the best time. We'll absolutely be making it a new tradition and I can't wait to share photos from our day later this week.

7. Make apple crisp - yup. Done! We made the yummiest apple crisp for the first time after going apple picking and I can't wait to put together a blog post with the recipe. It was sooooo good!

8. Visit a pumpkin patch - I'm hoping to do two this year and would love to bring our pup, Ms. Poppy. She loves little outings and exploring with us. 

9. Read a cozy fall book - not sure if this counts as an autumnal read... but I recently bought The Breakaway by Jennifer Weiner and I'm loving it. It's such a fun & unexpected romantic story, so wonderfully layered, and I haven't been able to put it down.

10. Buy my pup a pumpkin costume - like how can I not. Right?! Ms. Poppy is a little 8 pound black Maltipoo and would make for the cutest little pumpkin. Aw!

11. Plan a cozy cabin getaway - found the cutest tiny home on a farm with an outdoor shower & hot tub, and I'm sooo ready. Ready to curl up with my book, light a fire, sip wine and nap the weekend away. Haha! And let me know what's on your bucket list, friends. I'd love to hear all about it!!